Thursday, January 26, 2006

Thou Shalt be Banished!

All this talk of banning commenters has left one question in my mind:

What magic do the Lords of the Bloggernaccle possess? Enquiring minds want to know.



Personally I have never been threatened with banishment. I guess I'll have to try harder. Either that, or maybe I should actually leave comments on some of these blogs. It's hard for them to banish me if they don't even know I'm there.

Some Naccers throw around the threat of banishment like it's a magic spell that makes your keyboard stop working.

Are you going to banish an IP address? That would be an act of utter brilliance. Let's not forget Kaimi/NedFlanders-Same-IP-Addy-Gate. And you might want to read up on DHCP and NAT while you're at it. Are you going to banish the screenname? Well, let's hope the offending commenter isn't a rocket scientist, or they might just come up with a new one. Oh yeah, if they're really smart, like T&S off-the-charts smart, they might even delete their cookies.

What else. Let's see, how about requiring all new commenters to register with your site, thereby tanking the amount of comments you receive and giving yourself a complimentary, overwhelming administrative headache? Then what, perform background checks on all new, prospective commenters? Security screening each time you enter the Bloggernaccle? Pat downs included?

Banishment? Yawn.



Anyway, while we're on the subject, I hereby ban D. Golden Shizzle from making any comments on my posts. Just try it, you infidel! You will rue the day!

1 Comments:

Blogger Stephen said...

I was wondering how they did it, other than hand deleting each comment.

Wednesday, January 23, 2008 5:46:00 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home